Palazzo dei Priori - PERUGIA
Arrival in the historical centre of Perugia and walk with your tour escort looking at the main treasures of art the city has to offer.
For the shopping lovers Perugia boasts beautiful shops all lined in the main street so called “il Corso”.
Delicious lunch in a typical trattoria in Perugia tasting the traditional local recipes.
Arrival at a XIII century franciscan church where we will meet Mrs. Clara and her beautiful private workshop which she has created inside the imposing church (deconsacrated), which is part of her family’s property.
Here you might get a feeling of past when you see the expert women at work creating beautiful linens by hand, using very old traditional looms (one of them is dated back to the XVII century and is still in use!).
IMP: Instead of the Clara’s ancient looms it is possible to visit a beautiful private old artistic glass work shop, one of the oldest and important in Umbria.
OLD LABORATORY’S PHOTO
A part of the workshop is a private museum. The technique used to work the precious glass it goes back to the Bizantine art.
The artists are a mother and her young daughter who have an incredible passion for this particular way of working glass. It is infact more then 200 years that this family carry on with this tradition.
Their family artistic creations can be seen in many important buildings and one of this is the great Basilica of St. Maria degli Angeli.
End of service.
- The maximum number of participants for this program is 12;
- The private stainglass workshop and the looms laboratory are not available on Saturdays and Sundays, so in this 2 days can cahnged with the visit to a traditional olive mill in Perugia;
- The workshop is private and has a very interesting family museum: being private just our clients can have the access to this special place;
- ALL THE TIMING CAN BE EASILY CHANGED AND ADAPTED DEPENDING ON WHERE THE CLIENTS ARE LOCATED;
- Distances: Siena 70 km - Firenze 130 km - Roma 170 km - Montepulciano 50 km
- Arezzo 80 km - Assisi 15 km