Visit to the highlight of the day: Villa “La Scarsuola”.
is a unique place in the middle of the forest, in which a XIV century
Franciscan Monastery blends perfectly with an extravagant project of “Ideal
city”, of a famous contemporary
milanese architect, Arch. Buzzi.
One of the architect’s relatives lives in the villa at the moment
but he is very proud to open his doors to us, to show us and explain
the project of the “Ideal city”.
Arrival to the suggestive town of Città della Pieve,
birthplace of the great artist Pietro Vannucci, called also “il
Visit to the historical wine cellar in the centre (used to age just
the best wines of the area ).
Lunch and wine tasting in one of its beautiful rooms: typical
local recipies will be matched with different wines.
Walk with your tour escort throught the
town admiring different jewels of art including the great masterpiece:
dei Magi”, a fresco byPietro Perugino, one of the greatest artist
of the Renaissance and teacher of Raphael.
End of the day.
- This program can be done also with a light lunch (instead of the complete lunch) with different prices whic are the following;
- This program can be done with a minimum of 2 and a maximum 20 participants;
- In the program is included the presence of an expert tour escort;
- All the places visited in this day are close each other and are located in the area of Città della Pieve, in Umbria region and close to exit of the Autostrada A1 named Chiusi-Chianciano;
- This program can be done all year round;
- This program is easily done along a transfer Rome-Florence and contrary;
- In case of strong rain, wind or bad weather conditions the tour in the villa “La Scarzuola”
(outdoor visit) it can be cancelled without any responsabilities by the organizers;
- ALL THE TIMING CAN BE EASILY CHANGED AND ADAPTED DEPENDING ON WHERE THE CLIENTS ARE LOCATED;
- Distances: Roma 150 km - Firenze 150 km - Siena 90 km - Arezzo 90 km - Montepulciano 50 km - Perugia 60 km