CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO
Arrival in Civita di Bagnoregio, one of the most impressive towns in the area. It dates back to the Etruscan period and was partially rebuilt during the medioeval period, a little town of just 30 inhabitants, without cars or supermarkets.
Arrival in a beautiful farm, where the owner will be proud to show you his impressive wine cellar and the traditional olive mill.
Demonstration held by a local cook on how to make typical home made pasta (fettuccine or pici).
Delicious lunch in the farm, based on traditional Umbrian local recipes (including home made pasta) and good wine.
Visit to Orvieto, where you can admire one of the masterpieces of Italian art: the imposing Cathedral, started at the end of XIII century.
Walk around the historical centre, through the unique medioeval alleys.
End of service.
- The farm used for lunch is family runned and beautifully located: from their terrace is possible to admire a spectacular view over the town of Orvieto and its imposing Cathedral;
- It is possible to organize lunch also for 2 participants but our suggestion is starting with a minimum of 4-6 participants (the family does not eat with the guests because busy in the kitchen and the rooms are maybe too big for 2 people);
- This program can be easily done along a transfer Rome-Florence and the contrary and also as a daily trip from Rome.
- It is possible to choose if having before lunch an hand made pasta demontration or just the lunch;
- The hamlet of Civita di Bagnoregio is at the top of a cliff and the visit is not suggested to people with walking problems. The only way to reach it is by walking on a bridge, low steep at the beginning and very steep at the last 30-40 yards.
- Distances: Roma 100 km - Firenze 160 km - Siena 90 km - Arezzo 90 km - Perugia 65 km